West Elementary School's Counselor's Corner
Elementary School Counselors Help Students Find Success in School by...
- Helping students develop positive attitudes toward self, family, and community.
- Providing individual and group counseling to students to help foster growth in personal, social, and academic areas.
- Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons that address skills including, but not limited to, conflict resolution, respect for self and others, self-confidence, and career exploration.
- Working collaboratively with students, parents, and teachers to identify and remove barriers that may impede student achievement.
- Advocating for all students needs.
Elementary School Counselors Believe...
- Children have dignity and worth as human beings.
- Children learn best when they feel good about themselves and their relationships with others.
- Children who understand their feelings are better able to control their behavior.
- Children are capable of making responsible choices.
- Attitudes formed during elementary school shape future attitudes toward learning, self, and society.