To ensure the safety of all students and coaches, a plan of recommendations has been established to follow all national, state, local, and MHSAA Covid-19 guidelines. All participants are expected to follow these guidelines and meet the established expectations. Prior to return to activity, all head coaches will participate in a “Return to Sport” Webinar with the Mississippi High School Activities for further guidance and preparation.
All students who can answer the following questions are encouraged to not participate.
- Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions such as asthma, sickle cell
- Do you live with anyone or are around anyone daily that has pre-existing medical
- Do you live with anyone or are around anyone daily that has previously been
diagnosed with Covid-19?
- Do you live with anyone or are around anyone daily in the age range 60 and older
- Do you currently have any of the following symptoms?
o Fever or chills
o Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
o Muscle or body aches
o New loss of taste or smell
o Sore throat
o Congestion or runny nose
o Nausea or vomiting
NASD SUMMER ATHLETIC PLAN
- Parent meeting
- Facility access
- Weight room
- Care plan
- Sanitization and cleaning materials
- Personal protection equipment
- Practice plan expectations for all sports
o Practice locations for each sport
o Split time intervals per sport to minimize group size
- Acclimation period
- Cleaning and use of personal equipment